Thursday, August 8, 2024

Kaneri Museum, Kolhapur.

 Well, at first instance I thought it would be some artificial man-made place to visit and kill the time. Once I visited there, my entire perception about this museum completely changed. In order to explore the entire premises in and around of this museum, you need more than 6 hours. So, do not been a hurry.  Spend quality time. 

You will find statues of various sages of ancient times. Their contribution in terms of social upliftment is really indomitable.  The cave is around 300 meters long. 

You will also find murals of farmers engaged in agriculture and agri allied activities in open arena.  I really enjoyed the museum area where rural folks, their livelihoods, and other activities exhibited. It gave me goosebumps of my childhood.  It was a moment of going back to childhood again. 

The entry fees for this museum is INR 400 per person. 

It was a really great experience to visit here in the rainy season. 

Keep rediscovering, keep traveling. 


Faith 

Amol Nakve

















No comments:

Rusted but remained!

 Rusted but remained! Clicked at Matheran, Maharashtra, India.