Friday, November 17, 2023

Chilika Lake

Chilika Lake is the largest Salt water lake in India. It's the largest brackish water lagoon in Asia and the second largest in the world. 

Well, on my way, return to Mumbai from Puri and Bhubaneswar by train. I have glimpses of Chilika Lake from the train. And it made me to add Chilika Lake  to one of my travel destinations. I have read a few interesting details about the lake, like  it's wintering ground for migratory birds and served millions for their livelihood. 

It has 32 km wide inlet, which opens into Bay of Bengal Sea. During high tides of summers, salt water drives into the lake, and during the monsoon season, fresh water pours into the lake with the help of 52 rivers and riverlets.

My love for birding will get me here, not immediately for later for sure. 

Keep traveling, keep rediscovering!


Faith 

Amol




 

No comments:

Rusted but remained!

 Rusted but remained! Clicked at Matheran, Maharashtra, India.